Finance for Managers
Managing for Value Creation
Almost everything in business eventually boils down to the monitory decisions. Every manager needs a basic grounding in finance. And the need becomes greater as one rises in the organizational hierarchy.
Often non-finance executives have an aversion or even fear of accounting and finance. This stems mainly from lack of familiarity. Years of interaction with non-finance executives has convinced me that if the basic of finance are explained in a simple and lucid manner, negative feelings turn into positive appreciation. This course seeks to achieve this transformation.
- Comprehensive and integrated coverage.
- Thrust on ‘managing for value creation’.
- Focus on key principles, ideas, and intuitions.
- Adequate treatment of behavioral dimensions.
- Discussion of practice at workplace.
- Designed to demystify the field of finance, this course seeks to
- Provide a basic understanding of the accounting reports used in business
- Familiarize the participants with the financial environment of business.
- Develop skills in applying financial tools and techniques.
- Hone the finance sense of non-finance executives.
- Facilitate meaningful communication among managers, using the language of finance.
- Organizing Framework
- Procurement and SCM Professionals
- Logistics, Warehouse & Transport Professionals
- Aviation professionals
- Health care Professionals
- All Project Managers
- Middle and senior level managers. Entrepreneurs and businessmen. Finance professionals looking for a holistic view of ‘Modern corporate finance’. Students of MBA, CA, CMA, and CS programmes interested in a straightforward refresher on finance.
Module A : Accounting and Financial System
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Strategy, Planning and Budgeting
- Cost Analysis and Management
- The Financial System
Module B : Key Financial Decisions
- Basic Valuation Concepts
- Investment Decisions
- Financing Decisions
- Working Capital Management
- Corporate Risk Management
Module C : Corporate Valuation and Value Creation
- Corporate Valuation
- Behavioral Finance
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Restructuring
- Value Based Management and Organizational Architecture
- Corporate Governance and Stellar Value Creators
Module D: Portfolio Management
- Portfolio Management
- Distinctive Features